We work to elect those whose ideas, policies and mission are to create good jobs and an economy that works for everyone, to provide a quality education from pre-k through college, to protect the civil rights of all people, and to build strong communities across our state where people have access to affordable healthcare and clean air and drinking water. Simply put - we believe in equality, opportunity, and prosperity for all.
December 17, 2018
The NC Democratic Party has given us a date range of Feb 4th - Feb 18th to hold our 2019 precinct meetings.
We are very tentatively planning on holding the Southern Precinct Cluster meeting during the weekend of Feburary 9 - 10 2:00 to 4:00 pm and the Northern Precinct Cluster meeting during the weekend of Feburary 16 - 17 10 am to Noon. Hopefully dates and venues will be finalized soon.
Some precincts will be holding separate precinct meetings. We will put up the time and venues of the meetings in this space as soon as that information becomes established.
We are also working toward a Orange County Convention on March 30th with a lunch at 11:30 and business beginning at 1:00 pm. All county officers will be elected at this convention, including the members of the State Executive Committee that ultimately choose the officers of the state party and our NC representatives to the DNC who ultimately elect the leadership of the national party.
Resolutions on the issues you think our party should be considering must be presented and passed at your precinct meeting and will be discussed and voted on during the County Convention before working their way up to consideration by the State Executive Committee.
Anyone interested in this process, or running for an office, or have any questions, please feel free to contact Jim Bartow at firstname.lastname@example.org.
November 21, 2018
Congratulations everyone on a successful election in Orange County.
Hard work brings mid-term success in Orange County:
- There was at least one voter contact / GOTV event in each precinct and more in most precincts.
- For virtually every hour of Early Voting and Election Day, we had poll greeters handing out sample ballots, engaging voters and monitoring the polls.
- Early on, we created 10,000 flyers with ballot information and the early voting schedule.
- For Election Day, we produced created 65,000 sample ballots for canvassing and the polls.
- Volunteers wrote about 20,000 postcards for voters.
- All of our precincts are getting stronger, having picnics, potlucks, block parties, informational gatherings, etc. They are building tight-knit Democratic communities that will be ready for the Second Blue Wave.
- Democratic-leaning candidates received 90 percent of the number of votes that they did during the 2016 presidential and gubernatorial election.
- Democrats went from 74% of the votes in Orange County to 78% , even though we lacked highly contested elections except for the judges.
- Four hundred volunteers helped County-to-County partners win Republican seats.
- Led by Julie Tomkovick and Jenny McMillan, we presented 21 C2C webinars and reached folks in 49 counties. Some 464 folks registered and either attended live or received the webinar links, Powerpoints and documents to view later on.
- Led by Joan Guilkey, assisted by Jane Brown, we held 93 phone banks targeting nine counties and their candidates. Susan Lindsay sent canvassers to knock on over 11,000 doors for eight candidates.
September 09, 2018
August 30, 2018
June 20, 2018
Tell all your friends and family we need every vote for these justices.