The Orange County Democratic Party Recommends a Yes Vote for the Chapel Hill Affordable Housing Bond
On February 21, 2018, the Council approved an Affordable Housing Investment Plan to guide our efforts in meeting the Town affordable housing goals. The five-year goals for the investment plan include development of 400 new affordable housing units and preservation of 300 units.
The priorities of the plan, as described below, will guide the selection of projects. The Town Council has final approval of all affordable housing projects.
Priority Areas for Capital Investment
- Preservation & Development of Rental and Homeownership Housing
- Eligible Activities
- a. Acquisition
- b. Home Repairs
- c. New Construction
- Rental housing serving households less than 60% AMI
- Rental serving vulnerable populations
- Long-term affordability
- Located near transit services
- High leverage from other sources